This week, I'm reading ETERNAL NIGHT by Carina Adly MacKenzie. While this is technically a "work" book, I didn't get the chance to edit this project, so it's new to me. This edition of the book is extra-special (to me) because I designed the interior and exteriors!
A few reasons why everyone should read this book:
- It's written by Carina Adly MacKenzie, who is also a writer for The CW's The Originals. This means the book reads like a well-paced, suspenseful TV episode that you never want to end. I found myself making excuses to take long subway rides just so I could keep reading it.
- There are lines like, "When you used to be able to make a statue come to life or fly around the world in a day, accepting life as a girl who occasionally has to stop and scrape gum off the bottom of her Louboutins is tough. " Amazing.
- I will never have the stamina for RAGING AT DA CLUB, but it's incredibly fun to read about beautiful gods who do! I hope someone more stylish than me makes a Polyvore for this book, because the outfits would be out of control.
- The setting, New York City, comes through so well--to be honest, maybe TOO well. As each plague was happening, I had to keep peeking at the subway platform to confirm that there wasn't actually an infestation of rats.
- I'm only 3/4 of the way through, but there are SO many swoony kissing moments in this book. My favorite kind of movie or TV kissing scene is the kind with the spinning camera and gratuitous music, and the kisses in the book are about as close as you can get to that in the written form.
So in sum, everyone should read ETERNAL NIGHT when it comes out on August 26th. In the mean time, I recommend rewatching the best LoVe scenes.